Tuesday, May 24, 2005

"normal life"

I have the feeling the next 4 weeks are going to be really.........hmmm..........ordinary? Iwork every day (using my sweet computer to do inventory, cleaning silver with a movie on, trying out new cocktails, shop for food and other stuff the boat needs...), enjoy it, like the fact that I have to get up 3 minutes before I start working, enjoy cooking, which I've been doing almost every day, if only for Quenton and myself. After work I started to do 90min of Yoga again, I fell into the terrible habit of watching big brother at 7pm, but for me it's a study of Australian culture, and it really is! Catching up writing letters to friends, reading, telephone calls etc., etc. No road trips in the next 6 weeks, my dear car, the name still to be kept as a secret :-), is having a break and only driving around with me to check out the surroundings of Airlie Beach.
Well, the downside of a normal life is that I miss San Francisco, the only place I wanna have a normal life. But I shouldn't forget the upside: beautiful place, awesome sunsets, money comes in! and isn't spent so much, I life on a boat, I don't have to pay for my food and the terrible chef isn't on the boat anymore! There's not a lot more I can ask for.
Now I go home, cook, read or watch television and go to bed. I have a normal life. :-)
You won't hear much of me in the next weeks...
Today's Janet's birthday! Happy birthday, Janet! She's moving to Beijing next week, I hope she'll like it and I see her soon.
I think of my mum a lot today.
This becomes more a diary than a travel journal. That's probably because I'm not travelling at the moment... :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home