Monday, May 09, 2005

Lazy days

.......... too lazy. I need to do something productive. Australia is such a difficult place to be. Little culture, beautiful countryside. Nature, nature, nature. Where is my fancy sushi bar and where is the theater and where the ballet? And where are art galleries and art openings where you can get free wine and hors d'oeuvre? Somewhere else, not here in Cairns. I know. I miss San Franicsco. I miss my friends there. I wanna be back now. I won't be back for a while. So there's no reason to be unhappy about it. It's just the way it is. Sometimes the remaining time here in Australia seems to be so little. Doris will be here in July/August, then Silvia wants to come and travel down the West coast with me in October and November. And then it's almost x-mas and almost time to go somewhere else and eventually to Germany and finally back to San Franicsco after that. But x-mas is in7 months! I don't know if I can spent so mucht time in the wilderness of Australia. I wanna be fancy! I spent five minutes in a shop the other day wearing beautiful lace hightheel shoes, looking in the mirrow and thinking "this is what I used to wear when I went out, now I am only wearing flip-flops". Oh well, you can tell that I am having a bit of a strange day. It'll change again. And I am really happy that I have decided to go to Australia, it is a beautiful piece of earth, and I love it here, though I know that I could never live here.

Okay, I got to go now and pitch a tent, yes, I am gonna afford a campside tonight and not sleep in the car anymore and go and have a shower in the public bathrooms like I did it for the last few days. What luxury!
Hopefully we are gonna find a flat soon (Stef, Bron and Em want to move into one sooner or later), at least before I have to go back to Airlie, it would be so much nicer to have a home here in Cairns, even only for 10 days.
Anyways, take it easy guys. I miss you too much today!
Love,
Jeanine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home